Tuesday, November 07, 2006

And now on a lighter note

since the last one was so whiney, I thought that I might put up the begginings of a beautiful corpse excersize that I have been playing with Winter.


I am not sure how long I sat and stared out the window at the wind and snow. It’s not like you could see anything else out there. The window cast a rectangle of light into the swirling chaos of the blizzard. It had blasted for the past 10 hours, wind buffeting the house and snow piling up against the side of the house. I was alone in the house, just me and the wind. It was a miracle that the roof hadn’t been ripped off or a window hadn’t shattered yet by the force of the gale.
In the living room the wind was the loudest. All of the old Victorian windows, single paned and wavy, rattled with the storm. The winds circled the house, whistling through the columns of the large wrap around porch. Occasionally I could hear the swing crash into the side of the house or rattle its chains like and old ghost.
The corpse swung lazily from the balcony, in and out of the light from the window tracing small circles in the air. The blood dripped down in little circles on the porch floor before freezing there. Snow and wind swirled and howled around it. Soon it would be nothing more than one more shape out there in the gathering gloom of evening.



( \/)
(0.o) oh and don't forget
(> <) Bunny says you die now.

No comments: